Saturday, December 3, 2011

Family, Technology, Humans Victorious

Today is my late father's 111th birthday. Can you see the twinkle in his eye?



Okay, on to my real post for the day. Technology may outstrip our capabilities, but ingenious humans fight back.

This morning was my first time in bed with my new-old XP laptop, and I really enjoyed it. Here's what occurred to me, at top speed.


The interface between humanity and technology has reached the point of no return. There are so many devices, functionalities, apps and complexities that FAQs and learning curves cannot keep up no matter how hard they try. Complaining about customer service has reached the level of shaking fist at cloud. 

We’ve come full circle: problems in the interface between humans and technology can only be solved by surrounding the technology. A human takes over my computer from halfway around the world and together we battle the beast. Ha! Now I can boot up, access my app, attack my work and emerge victorious. The human halfway around the world sharpens her spear and goes on to the next dragon. I collapse, spent, knowing the next battle is waiting for me when I least expect it.


No comments:

Post a Comment