Monday, November 28, 2011

I've fallen into blogging. I was in Google, and Blogger.com popped up and said "Do you want to start a blog?" and I said Well, okay, I've been meaning to do this. It said "Good for you!" No, it didn't. It asked what name I wanted to use.

I'm beginning to do professional genealogy. The first step is to look up documents for clients and scan or copy them at libraries and archives. I said "Let's call it Lookups."

The Courier font is because they don't have an old-time typewriter font and I'm an old-time editor. My first and only newspaper job was with a manual typewriter. Soon after that I borrowed a Selectric from the American Association for the Advancement of Science and set up my freelance typing and copyediting business.

I don't know if it's a good idea to combine semipro genealogy, copyediting and my own tattered thoughts in one blog. We'll see how it works out.

—Aunt Jill, aka JG in MD










2 comments:

  1. Happy blogging, my friend. You might like Library Thing: http://www.librarything.com.

    I am there under the name "pennwriter." Just joined last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will work out. You'll find your own format soon enough.

    ReplyDelete